Whether you rent a high-rise condo, a basement apartment or a whole house, it’s what’s inside that makes it your home. The insurance policy that your landlord has will not provide coverage to your personal belongings when you are renting, and that is why you want to get a tenants insurance policy. Your landlord can also require you to prove you have tenant insurance before moving into your new home.

What Does Tenants Insurance Cover?

Liability Coverage: This coverage applies if a visitor gets in your home or if you have accidentally caused damage to someone else’s property and you have to pay damages.
Personal Property (Contents): Coverage for your personal contents in your home like clothes, jewelry, electronics and furniture.
Additional Living Expenses: This can help to pay for out-of-pocket expenses, hotel accommodations, food and rental expenses to stay in a new location if your home in uninhabitable because you have had an insured claim on your primary residence.

Optional Home insurance coverages:

Sewer Backup: If water backs up from a sewer, storm drain, sump or septic tank and causes damage, this will provide coverage up to a stated amount.
Overland Water: This is coverage for damage caused by excessive rain, spring run-off or overflow entering your property causing accumulation of water.

Discounts That Can Apply to Tenant’s Insurance:

  • Multi-Policy Discount
  • Non-Smoker Discount
  • Claims Free Discount
  • Loyalty Discount
  • Credit Consent